WEBINARS AND WORKSHOPS
Climate Change and Antimicrobial Resistance by Alex Wong, Carlton University and moderated by Christine Zarowsky, Université de Montréal
- Christine Zarowsky (Université de Montréal, Canada)
- Alex Wong (Carleton University)
Mapping One Health Governance in Canada: Findings from a Seed Grant, by Tayler Brown, Public Health Agency Of Canada, and moderated by Arne Ruckert, University of Ottawa.
Panel discussion in which experts debate on the need for a Pandemic Treaty.
(Due to technical issues during the recording, the video ends suddenly.)
In close collaboration with the Dahdale Institute for Global Health Research (York U), the Network organised a panel discussion on national and multilateral One Health Governance Approaches to Shared Global Health Threats
In close collaboration with One Health UCalgary, the Network organised its first public facing webinar series which foused on « One Health Preparedness and Response during the COVID-19 Pandemic », on February 2020.
- Ronald Labonte (University of Ottawa)
- Arne Ruckert (University of Ottawa, Canada)
- Suzanne Hindmarch (University of New Brunswick, Canada)
- Carlos das Neves (the Arctic University, Norway)
- Andrea Winkler (University of Munich)
- Katinka de Balogh (FAO)
Host and moderator
- Mary Wiktorowicz
- Raphael Aguiar – PhD Candidate and Graduate Assistant, Dahdaleh Institute for Global Health Research, York University.
- Steven J. Hoffman – Director, Global Strategy Lab, York University.
- Mayumi Duarte Wakimoto – Head of Surveillance at Instituto Nacional de Infectologia Evandro Chagas/Fiocruz, Brazil.
- Wolfram Morgenroth-Klein – Head of Division Pandemic Prevention, One Health, Animal Health and Biodiversity at BMZ – German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development.
Four presentations were featured:
Introduction to Global 1HN and the event, by Hélène Carabin, Université de Montréal, Canada.
One Health environmental scan: Methods and goals, by Arne Ruckert, University of Ottawa, Canada.
An environmental scan of One Health preparedness and response: The case of the COVID-19 pandemic in Rwanda, by Phaedra Henley, University of Global Health Equity, Rwanda.
An environmental scan of One Health preparedness and response: The case of the COVID-19 pandemic in Mexico, by Jennifer Hegewisch-Taylor, National Institute for Public Health, Mexico.
The Knowledge Transfer Team organised its second webinar related to the Research Enabling Platforms (REPs). This infographic summarises the title and objectives of REPs.
The Knowledge Transfer Team organised its first webinar related to the first wave of selected Seed Grants. This infographic summarises the title and objectives of each project.
- REP 1 was presented by Dr. Hélène Carabin & Dr. Cécile Aenishaenslin, Université de Montréal.
- REP2 was presented by Dr. Aidan Hollis, University of Calgary & Dr. Kate Zinszer, Université de Montréal.
- REP3 was presented by Dr. Mary Wiktorowicz, York University & Dr. Suzanne Hindmarch, University of New Brunswick.
- REP4 was presented by Dr. Arne Ruckert, Dr. Aisha Barkhad, University of Ottawa & Dr. Sean Hillier, York University.
- Seed Grant 1 is implemented by Dr. Cécile Aenishaenslin, Université de Montréal, and Dr. Sean Hillier, York University.
- Seed Grant 2 is implemented by Dr. Joe Harrison, University of Calgary.
- Seed Grant 3 is implemented by Dr. Srikanth Kondreddy, Bruyère Research Institute, University of Ottawa.